Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Buddy Holly At 75: A Tribute To An Unlikely Star : NPR

Buddy Holly At 75: A Tribute To An Unlikely Star : NPR

I recall when the plane carrying Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper and Richie Valens crashed killing them all. Rock and Roll was set back 10 years and wandered into a pop wasteland before reemerging. Buddy Holly's songs have been covered by a multitude of people but my favorite could be the cover of "Not Fade Away" by the Rolling Stones. He is still one of my all time favorites and I break out my Greatest Hits from time to time and get that old rockabilly thing going. His backup band was the Crickets which famously included Waylon Jennings who went on to fame with them as backup. Another one of those Texas Troubadours.

Here, a you tube video of the Stones, complete with Brian Jones and Bill Wyman.

No comments:

Post a Comment