Friday, November 11, 2011

Made Loud To Be Played Loud

Listener Picks: Songs You Turn Up To 11 : All Songs Considered Blog : NPR



This has been a really cool part of NPR's 11/11/11 commemoration. Several of my favorites. I am included the clip of The Who's "Baba O'Riley" just because Pete Townsend is crazy even though his lyrics are sometimes indecipherable. And Keith Moon is just an awesome drummer still unrivaled. Another is Led Zep's "Kashmir" by which I am dating myself. In this one Jimmy Page is bowing the guitar. Check out some of the others. LOUDLY.  Release your inner headbanger.


There is also a clip from The Ramones with some simple straightforward garage rock and some AC/DC although I much preferred them when Bon Scott was still alive.  I just don't think that Brian Johnson has the same energy and vocal depravity that Scott had.
Crank it Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment