Thursday, July 18, 2013

Upcoming

Lots of stuff on the agenda over the next two days.  This is the weekend of the Master Musician's Festival and it is the 20th anniversary of this production.  Perhaps half of that time ago there was doubt the festival would even continue but the support and encouragement of many people encouraged those who do the work to press on.  Thanks folks.

I have said it many times, this is one of a couple of events hosted by independent groups and supported by the community at large.  This event and the Summer Night's Cruise are wonderful examples of what can be accomplished when people who are civic minded come together with purpose.


In the past I have prefaced the festival with a column in the paper but this year not only the Commonwealth-Journal did a very nice spread but the Lexington Herald-Leader did also.  That indicates that the hard work that has gone into this festival is paying off in recognition for our locality.  So, having been scooped by the papers I am going to try my hand at some live blogging this weekend.  Bear with me because it is somewhat new to me.  Last year the festival did not have a public wi-fi so I may have to use 4G to get it up.  I will post some photos you may enjoy so check the blog either from my URL or on the My Take page on facebook.

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of you there.  It is a big deal and a great reunion.  Y'all come.

Oh, did I mention that Tommy Minton will be our Master Musician and there's some guy named Willie supposed to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment