Saturday, June 25, 2011

Censorship?

Shortly after writing the column referring to the attempt by Central Baptist in Lexington to locate a hospital here in Somerset I was contacted by the paper advising me of a mistake I had made.  It seems that Central Baptist did not use the traditional application for a Certificate of Need but, instead, used a legislative route to attempt to do an end around.  After much lobbying that route failed.  I had written another column to deal with the column written in the paper by the CEO of LCRMC but I was advised that no other offerings about the hospital would be printed.  So, I rewrote the column to lecture people about the necessity of speaking out but I have published the original here as "Pablum".

I expected to get a box full of replies about my request for accounts of actions by the hospital but I got exactly two.  I am continually amazed at the apathy exhibited by the American people who, seemingly, would rather endure discrimination and abuse rather than lift their voices except in matters that do not amount to a hill of beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment