Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Why Not Obama?

Kentucky, Arkansas primaries: Is it racism? - The Washington Post

I have an upcoming column dealing with the question of why Democrats don't like President Obama.  I have pounded my brain for logical reasons and for the life of me I cannot come up with any significant ones.  That being the case I have to look at illogical reasons and I find that very distasteful.  But there are always reasons, logical or illogical and there is no exception here.

On policy there is very little to disagree with the President over other than he has not championed the traditional Democratic causes enough.  But this does not seem to be the case because his support on that end of the spectrum is pretty solid.  That leaves only a few things.  Is the perception of democratic policy different in some parts of the country?  That is surely true but is it enough to deny the President the support of the party?  This President has been reviled for his person more than any politician I can recall in my 50 or 60 years of paying attention to political affairs.  Racism, the Birthers, Tea Party.  All with the only purpose of delegitimizing the person of Barack Obama to be President.

I'll post my column in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment